Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinFollow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Maybelline Color Tattoo Eye Shadow in Pomegranate Punk : A Review

As promised earlier I am here with my Maybelline range of eye shadows. The Maybelline Color Tattoo range includes bold as well as daily wear shades but all are pretty ones to be ignored. The Color Tattoo Range is a perfect answer to MAC Paint Pots, although, it is a far cheaper bargain as compared to Paint Pots. However, MAC Paint Pots have pretty much variety in shades. 



Maybelline Color Tattoos are my first ever Crème Eye Shadows. I was dying to try them for a quite a long time until I finally laid my hands on those. I was going gaga over the shades but was vary enough to go for the bolder ones. So I decided to get my hands on three shades Fierce and tangy, Bad to the bronze and Pomegranate punk.

Here is my first review on the Maybelline Color Tattoo Eye Shadows. This One is for the shade Pomegranate Punk.

Price:- Rs.350 for 4 gm

Product Claims:
  • Dare to wear 24HR shadow.
  • Cream formula glides on without creasing and keeps color vibrant
  • Ink technology creates 24HR wear shadow for our most intense, long-lasting color saturation
  • Ophthalmologist-tested.
  • Safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers
How to Use:-
Illuminate with fingertips, sweep all over eye from inner corner and work outwards.  For added drama, darken as desired.

Must be used before 30 months from the date of manufacturing

Packaging:-
The Color Tattoo Eye shadow from Maybelline comes in small round glass pot type packaging that has sturdy plastic screw. The transparent glass pot makes it easy for it identify the shades. However, I am in love with these cute looking glass pots as they look attractive, however you need to carefully handle them as they can break on falling.
 My experience of using Maybelline Color Tattoo Eye shadow in Pomegranate Punk:-

The shade Pomegranate Punk is an onion pink cream eye shadow with fine shimmers that make it look rich. In pot it seems to be as reddish plum, however on application it appears as a beautiful purplish pink shade. You can darken the shade as per your requirement by reapplying all over the eyes.

Color Tattoos are cream based eye shadows that have texture akin to gel liners. Even the shimmers are smooth and blended awesomely in these eye shadows. The shimmers are not at all prominent hence this shade can be every well used for daily application. You can apply using the Brush you got complimentary with this Eyeshadow or using your fingers. You can effortlessly apply over the lid and also blend it well. Though you got to be bit quick with the blending part as it tends to dry up swiftly that it won’t budge until you want to remove it.  
I am every much content and happy with the wonderful pigmentation of Color Tattoos. Even slight application of it gives pretty much pigmentation of the shade.  The Pomegranate punk shade can be used wonderfully for a festive Smokey eye look. You can pair it up well with black, brown or golden eye shadows as per your wish.

The staying power of Maybelline Color Tattoos is very awesome, once applied they don’t budge until you want to remove it. It dries on your eyelids and stays for good 6-8 hours without creasing. It has worked on my oily eyelids without any primer for almost whole day.

Swatches:-
Without Flash

With Flash

EOTD:

Yays of Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk:-
  • Soft creamy texture
  • Gorgeous Shimmery pink Eye shadow
  • Easy to apply with both brush and fingertips
  • Blends easy without leaving patches
  • Stays as put for the whole day without creasing
  • Comes off easily with Makeup remover
  • Cheap for the quality and amount of product you get.
Nays of Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk:- 
  • Dries too fast hence you need to swiftly blend it.
  • I don’t find any more cons in this product. But I think Maybelline must introduce more shades in this range. 
Would I buy Maybelline Color Tattoo Pomegranate Punk again?

Obviously, I would but definitely not this shade as this pot will take forever to finish. I will very well try me hands on some new shades from this range. For all those who are looking forward to use this shade, I will say this is a must-have and highly recommended one.

1 comment:

  1. Nice color and review Akshata.
    I love color tattoo a lot!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Going through the post. I Hope this was helpful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...