The Swirl Gel Eyeliner comes in two variants, Brown and Gold; and Black and Silver. Both are equally good and work quite well. These are the most unique looking gel liners which can be used in three different ways. No other brand has introduced such combined gel liners till date. So, I personally feel that Maybelline has set a distinct market for its Swirl Gel liners with no competitors to it. Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Swirl Gel Eyeliner is quite a rage amongst youngsters.
Rs.425 for 7.5gms
- Our oil-free formula holds highly concentrated pigments in a clear gel base
- More intense Color resists wear for hours
- Smudge and Water-proof
- Gives intense line for lasting drama
- Creamy gel comes in two distinct shades of bronze and shimmery gold that can be used separately for either an intense line or dramatic shine.
- When mixed together, the two shades create a subtle shine that gives eyes a quiet elegance.
- Flat tipped eyeliner brush offer even and precise strokes
How to use:-
Use gel liner and begin at the inner eye. Extend along lash line, continuing up towards the brow
Mix or Use one color at a time for intense color and glittery shine
Must be used before 30 months from the date of manufacturing
Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Swirl Gel Eyeliner – Brown and Gold comes in a cool petite packaging. Inside the box you will find a small glass tub and a complimentary brush applicator. The cute looking frosty glass tub comes with an aluminum metal lid, which looks bit cheap. The pot even though made of glass is not that heavy to carry along. You can easily carry it in your vanity bag.
The complimentary brush applicator is pretty much of good quality and offer smooth application. The brush comes with a transparent plastic cap, which makes it easy to carry along at the same time maintain the hygiene factor.
The bristles of the brush are soft and don’t hurt your lids. Even after numerous washing, not a single bristle has come off nor has the structure of the brush has changed. I have made a habit of cleaning the brush after every use to prevent the accumulation of the product on it. Just wipe it on a damp tissue after every use and it’s done.
My experience of using Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Swirl Gel Eyeliner – Brown and Gold:
I just loved how Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Swirl Gel Eyeliner – Brown and Gold looked when I brought it. I loved I to the extent that I didn’t even want to use it at all. Digging in to it would have definitely spoil it beauty like you can see in the pictures, but I had no other option left.
Like the Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Black, the consistency of swirl liner is creamy. The swirl of gold in between runs down till the bottom hence you need not worry that it just appears so on the top. You can either mix both the shades entirely to get a single one or simply use them differently to get three different looks. I would suggest you not to mix it.
The brown shade is pretty dark and only one swipe is sufficient to get a good dark brown shade, whereas the golden shade is not that pigmented. It will appear as it looks in the pot only after 2-3 swipes that too when you layer it over a darker eye shadow. The mix of both brown and golden shades looks awesome and can be excellently used to create a funky festive eye look.
The staying power of Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Swirl Gel Eyeliner – Brown and Gold is more or less similar to the Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Black. But I feel that it stays on my waterline much more than Maybelline’s black gel Liner.
|Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Swirl Gel Eyeliner – Brown and Gold swatches|
|Swatch after water test|
|swatches after rub test|
- Maybelline Color Tatoo Pomegranate Punk
- MAC Eyeshadow and Rouge, Golden Smokey eye pallete(Review coming soon)
- Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Swirl Gel Eyeliner in Brown and Gold (Both on eyelids and waterline)
Yays of Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Swirl Gel Eyeliner – Brown and Gold:
- Thick and creamy liner glides on your eyes like a dream
- The Brown shade has good amount of pigmentation and is perfect for daily use
- The combination of brown and golden shade looks awesome
- It is matte finish liner that gives natural look when applied on eyelids
- Dries quickly after application
- Safe to be used on the water line
- Staying power is pretty much good for normal to dry eyelids
- Indeed smudge and water-proof Gel Liner
- The complimentary brush is of great quality
- Sturdy and travel friendly packaging
- Is the most reasonably priced Gel liners available in the market
Nays of Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Swirl Gel Eyeliner – Brown and Gold
I love the swirl liner to the core. But I feel the golden shade could have been bit more pigmented.
Would I buy Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Swirl Gel Eyeliner – Brown and Gold again?
Obviously yes, since it is a value for money product available at such a reasonable price.