Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinFollow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Back After A Long Time


Hello Guys!! I know it’s been too long I haven’t posted anything on my blog. Well, that’s all because I was busy with some family functions. My Sister-in-law got married; yes the most awaited wedding in my family. And being her only bhabhi, I was all swarmed with responsibilities of taking care of the wedding preparations. I too was craving to snuggle out some time to share something on my blog, but unfortunately this couldn’t happen.

Now, that all my family commitments are all complete, I am back to write on my blog. The past few weeks were total rejuvenating for me as I got time to spend with my family members and after a long time got a chance to take a small break from my office routine. I managed to go on a very short vacation with my husband before he could leave back for his work.

We went to Lonavala and Khandala last week. Although it was not a planned travel, but was heart endearing one at least for me. It was my first ever visit to this destination and it turned out to be total Paisa Wasool, all thanks to the Rain God. It seems monsoon just doesn’t want to go back this year and so I got to enjoy Lonavala as people do during monsoons.

The day before my travel and the day of my travel was so scorching hot that I was least interested in going on any outing. At the same time, I didn’t want to let this opportunity to let go for various reasons. So, I hurriedly packed stuffs and before my husband would change his minds about the outing. (evil Grin). Since, it was a last moment decision we took Volvo bus from Dadar. The travel was pretty much comfortable and it took just 1 hour and 30 mins to reach Khandala ghat, which approximately equivalent to the time I take to reach Andheri with slow moving traffic. Incredible, isn’t it?

After reaching Khandala we had to find a good or say a descent place to stay. Thankfully the auto wala we got was pretty much co-operative and he gave us suggestions for good hotels. After being dissatisfied by the rooms of the hotels close to the bus stop, he finally brought us to “Hotel Gautam”. I know what you must be thinking of, I too had a very bad image of some “C” grade hotel very much like the “Hotel Descent” from JAB WE MET. Well, after reaching the hotel I couldn’t believe what it looked like.

It was more like the sets of Jodha Akbar with a Rajasthani Palace like setup. I was impressed, actually very much impressed and so was my Pati Dev. There are very few things that appeal him as he is a “Brand Conscious” Man. The only question that we had was this must be definitely an expensive hotel and we were proved wrong for the second time.

Next time you are on a budget holiday to Lonavala, do visit Hotel Gautam . This Group also has hotels in Goa and Mahabaleshwar. Marvellous and splendid is all I can say. Since it was almost evening by the time we reached our hotel we decided to freshen up and take some rest. The Hotel only had Pure Veg Cuisine so we decided to dine at a restaurant close by. However, the unexpected heavy rains added a spark to our dining experience.

Next day, we went for sightseeing which included in all 6 places 3 from Lonavala and 3 from Khandala.  Again, it started raining out of the blue and the mid noon sky looked as if its 6 pm in the evening. I was just so mesmerised with the climate that I wanted to drench myself to every bit. However, that couldn’t happen. L Before leaving back for home next morning ee shopped for chikki and Jellies some of which is munched on my way back home :D.

What I found lovely was MAC Donalds and Cafe Coffee Day outlets in between. For people like me who don’t know, Lonavala is not that backward ;). All in all my trip to Lonavala was awesome. Now I know why people die to visit Lonavala during monsoons. Anyhow even during off season I got bit lucky to enjoy the unexpected monsoon spells. It all really seemed so filmy, must say those big rain drops and the beautiful never ending waterfalls and green valleys.

Will soon be uploading some pics J. Till then take care.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Going through the post. I Hope this was helpful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...